Wednesday, January 23, 2008

willie

Natalie posed the questions...

So what was your first concert? And what songs would you have on your Ultimate 80's Mix?



After my parents divorced (I was 5), we temporarily moved in with my grandmother. My mom's youngest brother was still young enough to be living at home. Kristen and I would make a game out of putting on his cowboy hat and cowboy boots and playing Willie Nelson's "Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys", on vinyl of course, and dance around my uncle's room. I became semi-obsessed with the song. For my sixth birthday, which I share with Willie, my mom bought me concert tickets to see him at the "Plex". It is still one of my favorite concerts to date! I have since seen him four times and in my most recent trip to NOLA after Christmas saw he was playing The House of Blues the night we were returning to BR...boo!

As for musts on the '80's mix...
PYT, Michael Jackson
Jesse's Girl, Rick Springfield
something by INXS...too many good ones to choose
Centerfold, J. Geils Band
Africa, Toto
Hungry Like the Wolfe, Duran Duran
Take Me Home Tonight, Eddie Money
The One I Love, R.E.M.
Luka, Suzanne Vega

1 comment:

Jud said...

Willie Nelson...how cool was that? I got my dad the Redheaded Stranger album for his birthday in '77.

How did I leave Duran Duran out of my reply to Nat? I must be getting old....