Thursday, January 31, 2008

In response to Jud...

Jud asked:

I will leave a story below, and then I would like you the reader to do the same, either in a comment or on your own blog. I am not interested in torrid stories of passion; I am interested in the first meeting, or the moment when you knew this person was to be a love in your life, or how you became friends with so and so.

As some of you know I am currently reading "Eat Pray Love" and was reading a little before work this morning and ran across the following passage...



People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that's holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then they leave.



I wish I would have read this many years ago. It makes things seem very clear to me about relationships. All of the heartbreak suffered from past relationships was all to build a better or new-and-improved me.

I leave you with the Chinese symbol for soul mate. May you all find what you need in one.


2 comments:

Jud said...

An interesting quote. Soulmates come and leave? That is a statement that will require some time to think about.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.