Friday, January 25, 2008

I am Your Weekend Event Planner


Today is Friday and it seemed like a really fast week to me...you? Time to start planning for the weekend. There is an outside chance I will be going to NOLA tonight with Chris to visit his sister, Lauren, at her brand new job. She went to Bartender School in NOLA and landed a gig at The Roosevelt Hotel Bar (I think that is just a name, not really a hotel). I am so very excited for her because if all things work out she can quit TC Bizzle (as she calls it) which is TCBY.

If we decide to stay in BR, there are lots of cool things going on this weekend and all of them are in my neighborhood...

Mardi Gras Mambo 10K and 1 Mile Fun Run is tomorrow morning. 8:30 for walkers and 9:00 for runners.

Mardi Gras Mambo is followed up by a 2:00pm parade downtown

Looks like Ronald McDonald might even show up.

Followed by Krewe of Orion parade at 6:30pm...

Then my personal favorite...Krewe of Mutts! Dog parade, how great is that!

I can't have a dog where I live...I may need to call my mom and see if I can borrow her eight week old boxer pup. Or see if Holly and Vic will loan me Hank. Or better yet see if Holly and Vic want to go.

I will review any and all events I may attend this weekend and post over the weekend or on Monday for all.

3 comments:

Nat D said...

let me know what you're up to if you stay in BR!

Nat D said...

Duh, I know you just told me what you are up to, but perhaps we could meet up if it's not fricking FREEZING!

jennifer elizabeth keen said...

ok...which if any of the events might you be interested in?