Thursday, January 24, 2008

Eat, Pray, Love



I am excited about my third read for 2008! I have been wanting to read this book for a while. It seemed for several months there were constantly little pokes at me by this book. It started one day when I was somewhere with a TV and no control over it (I think a waiting room somewhere). Oprah was on (I NEVER WATCH OPRAH) and her guest that day was Elizabeth Gilbert. Something about her and the book intrigued me. I remember thinking I wanted to remember the name of the book so I could buy it the next time I was out shopping. Fast forward about a month and I am in New York for my cousin Caroline's wedding. My Aunt Missy is telling me at the bridesmaid's luncheon how she was almost late because she could not put down this book she was reading..."Eat, Pray, Love". She went on and on about how wonderful the story was. She was sure she would finish the book that night in her hotel room and promised to leave it with me. Well the weekend got away from all of us (the wedding weekend was incredibly fun) and she went back to North Carolina with the book. Between then and Christmas I twice encountered someone reading the book. I decided to buy a copy for my mom for Christmas. Her first day of reading and almost halfway through the book she calls to tell me how great it is and promises to give me her copy when she is done. Fast forward to the next weekend which takes her to NOLA to decorate my sister's apartment (she really needed some help - sorry Kristen) and she loans her copy to Kristen! So I decided to buy my very own copy of "Eat, Pray, Love" and am so looking forward to enjoying every page of it. I will gladly loan to anyone when I am finished!

3 comments:

Nat D said...

I would borrow it, but if it's that good I should probably buy it. I just finished Water for Elephants last night, it was good!

Jud said...

For a second I thought it was written by the Gilbert of Little House on the Prairie.

So is it a work of fiction or non-fiction? Details, please! I am too lazy right now to look it up.

jennifer elizabeth keen said...

Jud - Lol about Prairie! Nonfiction. The author tells the tale of her emotional and spiritual (that word freaks me out sometime) and her journey to three countries to find inner peace for her life. I read a little over 50 pages tonight, she is a really great writer. The story is pretty cool too.