Saturday, March 15, 2008

Work Dinner


At the conclusion of a somewhat long week at work with lots of visitors from the corporate office in and out all week, our favorite corporate visitor, Jerry, decided to treat Carell, Dan and myself to dinner. Carell selected Marnsur's. I was quite impressed as I am the only BR native and the only one to have dined there before. Since we went straight to the restaurant from the office, all of us are in jeans (with it being casual Friday and all) so they sat us in the very back of the restaurant in a tiny room with four tables which I am sure doubles as a private dining room on occasion. It was freezing in there and the room had a distinct odor of old lady perfume. When we asked our waiter, Moe, about the smell he said their carpets were cleaned after closing the night before. The smell was so strong I think I began to taste it at one point! Carell quickly ordered a nice bottle of wine, PM corporate office was footing the bill, and we were given dinner menus. While scanning for my dinner choice, I noticed my dear friend from high school, CN, is still the Executive Chef there and ask our waiter if he is there. No, he is off on weekends! How does that happen? Anyway, I was sad because I had not seen him in quite some time. He was my CHS prom date circa 1993! Now he is married with a baby girl named Emma and his wife is Executive Chef at Mansur's sister restaurant, French Market Bistro! They must eat well at home huh?!? We had a very nice dinner and managed to keep the work talk to a minimum and laughed often. I am fortunate enough to work closely with people I like spending time with away from the office. In the end I chose the Tuna, rare, and it was a great selection. Not much can go wrong at Mansur's.

After telling Jerry goodbye, I made my way back downtown to Red Star where I was meeting Holly Bof for drinks. It has been SOOOOOO long since we have had a chance to catch up just the two of us. She filled me in and I did the same. We had about two hours of gossip & catch-up time before Chris and his friend Collin arrived. Managed to almost close down the bar. I guess I was semi out of my mind since I knew today would bring an early wake-up with it being St. Patrick's Day parade!

Kristen is driving in now from NOLA to pick me up. Yay! Chris can't go with us because he has to work. Boo!

2 comments:

Nat D said...

too much st. patricks day. Too Much! we need to get together...

Jud said...

I am envious of your nice dinner out. I may have to find me a nice tuna steak on night this week. And you ate it ate the "proper" temperature, you little foodie you!

I have a friend who is a chef and own's a little restaurant and they rarely eat well at home. Sadly boring most of the time.