Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Landlord is a B*#@H!!!!


My landlord does not allow pets of any kind in our small, old, falling down apartment complex because they actually may make it a more pleasant place to live. My downstairs neighbor is a single girl in her last year at LSU Law. You don't hear peep from her. About a month ago, she got a very small dog. Full grown this thing might reach 10 pounds. The first time I saw her walking the pup, I asked if she had cleared it with landlord lady, MJH. She told me no and she dared MJH to say anything about the dog as she would have a list of problems to throw right back at her. Last month, Law student told me she withheld some of her rent and sent MJH a nice note saying the money lost in the coin operated dryer that never works has been deducted from that month's rent. They went back and forth with nasty phone messages and conversations. Law student is on top of the world and thinks she can fight any legal battle at this point. I had to inform her that MJH's husband is a BIG attorney here in town and that she might have a tough time fighting her. Meanwhile, today I went home for lunch and ran into Law student outside with pup. She told me MJH saw pup today for the first time!!!! Uh-Oh! MJH is furious and wants to hear no excuses. I was thinking maybe we should make my apt the headquarters for Lost and Found Hound!!! lol, MJH is a witch!

2 comments:

Jud said...

One of favorite witticisms to a woman is, "Why are you so cranky? Did a house fall on your sister?"

Landlords can be weird, but it is theire property. It has to do with the medieval ideals of the possessio and the usufrucht, if I recall correctly.

Nat D said...

You must email me the name of initialed landbitch whose husband is a BIG attorney. Not that I know any attorneys. I'm just curious!